For safety and optimum performance, be sure to read these instructions carefully.
- For your safety, keep the antenna away from electric power lines to avoid electric shock.
- Install the antenna in good weather when there is no risk of lightning strikes. A Lightning protection kit should be installed by a professional installer following applicable national and local electrical to prevent injury or damage caused by lightning.
- For FCC compliance, the outdoor antenna must not be located within 8 inches (20cm) of any person.
- The higher the antenna is installed, the better the communication will be. If you can install the antenna higher than surrounding obstructions, the communication range will be better.
- The antenna must be on the roof and maintain a three meter (10 feet) clearance in all directions to meet RF safety requirements.
- Find a mast (metal pole) that is longer than five meters and 25 to 50mm (1” to 1.9”) in diameter. Assemble the 2 antenna bodies and six whips.
- Connect brackets to guide pipe, sliding the brackets on from the bottom.
- Fit the guide pipe and bracket on mast firmly. Fit the guide pipe and bracket on mast firmly.
- Thread the coaxial cable through the guide pipe and connect one end of the coaxial cable to the antenna.
- Connect the other end of the coaxial cable to the base station.
Note: Use only EnGenius antenna and cable. The base station antenna connector has reverse thread that only works with cables supplied by EnGenius.
Important Safety Instructions
When using EnGenius DuraFon 1X / 4X, always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of injury, fire, and electrical shock, including the following practices:
- Read and understand all instructions included in the user’s manual and this antenna installation instruction. In addition, observe all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
- Avoid using a telephone during thunderstorms. There may be a remote chance of electrical shock from lightning.
- Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak. Report a suspected gas leak immediately, but use a telephone away from the area where gas may be leaking. Because this product is a wireless model, make sure the base is also removed from the area.
- Do not use this product near water, or when you are wet. For example, do not use it in a wet basement or shower, or next to a swimming pool, bathtub, kitchen sink, or laundry tub.
- Unplug this product from any line or power source before cleaning or if it comes in contact with any liquids. Do not use liquids or aerosol sprays for cleaning. Use only a damp cloth when cleaning. Do not plug the product back in until it has dried thoroughly.
- Install this product in a protected location where it is not at risk of falling and no one can trip over and line or power cord. Protect cords from damage or fraying. Do not place and objects on the power cord.
- This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power supplied to your home, consult your dealer or local Power Company. It this product has user replaceable batteries, replace batteries only as described in your user’s manual. Do not burn or puncture batteries because they contain caustic chemicals.
- Do not short circuit the battery pack. The metal bands on the battery pack should never come in contact with a conductive surface at the same time. Also, do not let two battery metal bands touch each other.
- Do not block slots and openings in the cabinet and the back or bottom, these are provided for ventilation. To protect it from overheating, do not block these openings by placing the product on the bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surfaces. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or exceed the environmental specifications listed in the user’s manual. In addition, this product should not be placed in a built-in installation where proper ventilation is not available.
- Never push objects of and kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electrical shock.
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock, do not disassemble this product. If service or repair work is required, contact EnGenius Customer Service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening or removing cabinet parts other than specified access doors may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembling can cause electrical shock when the appliance is subsequently used.
- Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in the risk of fire or electrical shock.
- Unplug this product from the wall outlet if any of the following situations should occur:
- when the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
- if liquid has been spilled into the product.
- if the product has been exposed to rain or water.
- if the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions.
- if the product has been dropped and the cabinet has been damaged.
- if the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.