The EnGenius Durafon1x system allows you to add additional bases. Therefore, more than one line.
To add additional base unit:
- Register all handsets to the primary base originally used in the system. (Click here)
- Get an administrator handset (ID 11, or 12) and the additional base unit you plan to add.
- Power-up the base.
- Press and hold down the register (labelled REG) button on the base until all four green LED lights illuminate.
- Press menu on the handset followed by 6 (Registration) 3 (set base), and then choose 20 (for base #2).
- (Note additional bases 3, and 4 can be done the exact same way, however their base numbers would be 30, and 40 accordingly.)
The second base in the example (base 20) can accept 9 more handsets (ID 21-29) etc.
Total of 36 handsets can be used with 4 base stations with the 1x system.
Base 10 = ID11-19 (9 handsets)
Base 20 = ID21-29 (9 handsets)
Base 30 = ID31-39 (9 handsets)
Base 40 = ID41-49 (9 handsets)
NOTE: Bases should be separated from each other, and from external antenna(s) by at least 10 metres (33 feet).
Each base should be connected to a different external line. DO NOT connect 2 Bases to the same line.
The DuraFon 1X does not have Call Waiting feature for a second line provided by a second Base. If you are talking on Base 1/Line 1, and a call comes in on Base 2/Line 2, you will not be alerted to the second call, and you can’t put the first call on hold to answer the second incoming call. The caller on Line 2 will simply not get answered, but could leave a message (if supported by the phone service provider).