DuraFon PRO Frequency Change Instructions
Written by: Daniel Koczwara
Note!: Must have firmware version 1.82 or higher (late 2008). To verify firmware version press
Menu, star, star, pound, base 00 (or 01-07 for each secondary base), then 1 (SW Ver.).
Request an RMA if firmware needs to be updated.
Normal frequency range is 902-928MHz. You can choose LOW side (902-915MHz) or HIGH side
(915-928MHz), or default NORM (902-928MHz).
To change settings do the following:
- With any handset already registered to the base unit press Menu *##*. You will now be in
- Now choose option 6 for "B Freq" which is base frequency. Choose “00” through “07”
depending on which base you are changing (you must change bases first!).
- From this menu you can choose option 1 for “low”, 2 for “hi”, and 3 for “norm”. Choose
- Power off and on the base station to activate changes. This is required!
- Next, you must go back and change the handset frequency. Press Menu, *##*, enter base “00”,
and this time choose option 5 “H Freq”. Choose the same setting as you did for the base(s).
Do this for ALL other handsets you want to have part of this frequency group.
- Power off and on the handset(s) to activate changes. This is required!
**Note, handsets that are still set to “NORM” (the default setting) will not register to a modified
base unit!!This means a new handset or a handset back from repair will not communicate with
the modified base station(s). For this reason it is recommended you write “FREQ HI” or “FREQ
LOW” across all modified unit serial numbers!(both handsets and bases).
Note: None of the changes occur until the equipment is power cycled
even though the handset display shows “DONE”.
When can doing this help?
- To avoid receiving interference from other device(s) in a portion of the 902-928MHz frequency
- To avoid causing interference to other device(s) in a portion of the 902-928MHz frequency band.
- <or> in rare cases where self-interference appears to be occurring. Splitting the entire user group into two smaller groups using different frequencies may help in this situation.
What it won’t fix:
- When “all band” interference is occurring (interference in the entire 902-928MHz frequency band),
there is nowhere else left to go.
- When the EnGenius equipment is causing interference to another frequency hopping system and that
system is unable to change the frequency range it uses.
Check out EnGenius Forum about similar topic:
Here the available best simple short cut keyword way turn off alarm windows 10 here the fully help and provide the best way tips.
Please sign in to leave a comment.